Corner Cabinet Furniture Building Made Easy – Step-By-Step Installation
If you want to learn how to build a great looking corner cabinet so you can maximize wasted space or just because you like to build things, you can accomplish this rewarding task with relative ease. By simply following some easy to grasp instructions you will be able to successfully build a really great looking corner cabinet that will be a welcome addition to any home. Just read on to get started.
Do you need more useful cabinet space? What about utilizing some of the wasted space in a corner? You can build your own attractive corner cabinet without having to be an expert cabinet maker. So lets move on to exactly how to build a corner cabinet. Even if you are not an expert woodworker, you can build a great looking functional corner cabinet by using the right tools and some very simple instructions. The steps are easy and the results will be great.
1. First of all, you will want to design the cabinet. You will need to measure the space that you will be placing it in so you can be sure the finished cabinet will fit. Then draw your design on paper using the measurements that will fit the area you will be placing it in. Be exact in your measurements.
2. Transfer the measurements to scale on your plywood. Using a circular saw, cut out your pieces. You will be cutting two side pieces, a very narrow back piece and matching top and bottom pieces. You will also need to measure the shelving dimensions and cut your shelves at this time.
3. Now it is time to assemble the cabinet. Secure all the joints using quality wood glue. Then follow up with a nail gun. If you are making a larger or a particularly heavy cabinet, secure the joints with screws. You will be attaching the sides, top and bottom.
Note be very careful when using the nail gun. Even professionals can be injured with this tool. Use your safety glasses and work with extreme caution. This can not be stressed enough. A nail gun is a very powerful tool and can shoot a nail through your hand or foot just as quickly as it can shoot a nail into a piece of wood.
4. Now you will begin to stain or paint the cabinet and shelving. Make sure to clean all dust off the wood so you will have a smooth even finish. If you want to add molding to the top and bottom now is the time to do so. You can design your molding by drawing the design onto the pieces of wood to be used and cut them out with a jigsaw. You may also want to cut some thin strips of plywood facing to attach along the exposed edges of the cabinet before painting. I would suggest painting or staining the shelves while you’re at it. Let the finish dry completely.
5. Attach the shelving brackets and place the shelves into the cabinet.
You now know how to successfully build a functional great looking corner cabinet. So it is time to bring out the tools and get busy. If you are planning to install a corner cabinet for your bathroom then visit the link and read up on it!